Spangenberg Shibley & Liber LLP
Dustin joined The Spangenberg Law Firm as an associate in 2015. Prior to joining the Spangenberg Team, Dustin was an attorney with Romano Law Group in West Palm Beach, FL, where his practice focused on pharmaceutical and medical device litigation as well as catastrophic injury cases. He has handled cases involving traumatic brain injuries, medical malpractice-wrongful death, product liability-wrongful death, gas drilling/fracking cases, commercial disputes, and various mass tort cases including Actos, BP Oil, DePuy ASR, DePuy Pinnacle, Propecia, Stryker Rejuvenate/ABG-II, Yaz, and the Zimmer Natural Knee II.
Dustin has handled complex product liability cases in both federal and state courts and is experienced in handling mass tort cases that have been consolidated into multidistrict litigation (or an “MDL”). Dustin is one of the primary attorneys litigating the Stryker Rejuvenate/ABG-II cases in state-court in FL.
Dustin lectures across the country on various legal topics and is the author of numerous publications, including a chapter in the 4th Edition of AAJ’s “Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit,” which was released in March 2015 by Trial Guides and AAJ.
In 2013, Dustin was named as one of south FL’s “Most Effective Lawyers” by the Daily Business Review; in 2014, he was selected as one of the National Trial Lawyers Association’s “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” (for the south FL area); and in June 2015, Dustin was named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
Dustin is a passionate supporter of local and national justice associations. He served on the Board of Directors for the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Justice Association between 2014 and 2015 and is also a member of the Ohio Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. Dustin was recently elected as the Chair of AAJ’s Gas Drilling/Fracking Litigation Group.
Dustin received his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida. He received his law degree from Florida International University College of Law, where he was a member of the FIU Trial and Moot Court Teams. Dustin earned the Book Award in Evidence and multiple Dean’s List awards while in law school. In 2008, Dustin studied European Union law at Universidad de Sevilla and in 2009 he was given the opportunity to go to Florence, Italy where he studied International Criminal Law and other international policies concerning “Social Justice.”
Dustin and his wife, Dana, recently relocated to Ohio from Delray Beach, FL.
- Co-author, Trial Toolbox®: “Res Ipsa Loquitur,” 2013
- “Gas Drilling/Fracking Cases: What the Frack?,” American Association For Justice, February 2013, Winter Convention Seminar Materials
- “Witness Testimony and Reports,” National Business Institute, December 2014, Seminar Materials
- “The Gatekeeper’s Discretion: Daubert Is All About The Judge,” Florida Justice Association’s Journal, 581, pp. 30-37, December 2014
- Co-author, Trial Toolbox®: “Elements of Damages in Florida,” 2014, 2015
- Trial Toolbox®: “Daubert Law in Florida,” 2015
- Trial Toolbox®: “Daubert Law in Ohio,” 2015
- Co-author, “Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit,” 4th Ed., Trial Guides, 2015
- Co-author, “Elements of Damages in Florida,” Florida Justice Association’s Journal, 583, pp. 63-74, March/April 2015